We have an opportunity for a National Account Executive (NAE) – Tesco to join our team based in Irthlingborough, on a full time, permanent basis.
Whitworths are the UK’s leader in dried fruits, nuts and seeds. We’re proud to be widely recognised and trusted by our working partners, international suppliers and, most importantly, by millions of customers as manufacturers of innovative, tasty, healthy products.
As our National Account Executive, you will support our Commercial Team, primarily on the Tesco’s account – aiding in the delivery of budgeted sales and commercial gross margin (CGM). You will also support the other sales teams on their accounts when applicable.
At Whitworths, we see this as a development role, learning the fundamentals of account management across a variety of accounts/market sectors with the longer-term aim to grow into a more customer facing role within the commercial function. This is a great step for someone who has had some previous work experience, maybe within FMCG or a customer focused role and is keen and motivated to develop further within Sales.
Why work for us as a National Account Executive?
There are many reasons to come and work with us, but the biggest reason is so that you have a job you love and a company you are proud to say you work for. You will receive a competitive salary and in addition, you’ll also have access to;
- 25 days holiday + all public holidays recognised in the UK
- A workplace pension
- Life assurance and on-site occupational health
- Plus the Company offers a number of family friendly; health and life style benefits
What you will be doing as our National Account Executive;
- Support the creation of an annual account/channel business plan working with the commercial management team.
- Collate and analyse data – including analysis of performance in the customer using market data and shopper trends
- Maintaining the key account reports
- Manage the day-to-day administration of designated customer portfolio
- Assist in report production and presentations and maybe even make a few
With training and support, we would want you to have your own responsibilities, such as
- Responsible for the end-to-end promotion process within the Tesco Group
- Own the relationship with Tesco Scotland and RoI, managing range and promotions
- Ensure in-store audits are completed and documented to ensure compliance
- Complete the weekly call presentation for approval by controller/sales director
- To develop and improve reports so they are accurate and drive wider insight and action
Our ideal National Account Executive will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have experience in working with FMCG customers, preferably in a sales or customer focused role
- Able to demonstrate basic commercial awareness, understanding of P&L, and experience of working with data
- Systems wise – we would want you to be fully conversant with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. For Excel, we would want advanced Excel to include V look up, Pivot tables, and designing macros
To be successful, we would look for someone who is:
- Highly analytical, ability to interpret complex data and convert into meaningful information
- A good communicator
- Has a strong sense of drive and purpose
If this is you and you believe you have the skills and experience required to join the Whitworth’s family as our National Account Executive then email Recruitment@whitworths.co.uk
We look forward to receiving your application.
Whitworths is growing every day, so we are always looking for talented individuals (at every level) who can deliver STAR potential. If you’re ready to give us your best, let’s talk.