|We have an opportunity for a Supply Chain Finance Assistant to join our team based in Irthlingborough on a full time, permanent basis.
Whitworths are the UK’s leader in dried fruits, nuts and seeds. We’re proud to be widely recognised and trusted by our working partners, international suppliers and, most importantly, by millions of customers as manufacturers of innovative, tasty, healthy products.
As our Supply Chain Finance Assistant your role will be to provide effective finance business partnering to the supply chain team through in-depth analysis; challenging the figures and the team; identifying opportunities and bringing in rigour to the control of costs within our supply chain. You will also be responsible for the production and further development of the supply chain finance information pack.
Why work for us as a Supply Chain Finance Assistant?
There are many reasons to come and work with us, but the biggest reason is so that you have a job you love and a company you are proud to say you work for. You will receive a competitive salary of £22,000-£23,500 per annum with study support after a successful probation. In addition, you’ll also have access to;
– 25 days holiday + all public holidays recognised in the UK
– A workplace pension
– Life assurance and on-site occupational health
– Plus the Company offers a number of family friendly; health and life style benefits
What you will be doing;
– Supporting the Head of Supply Chain to deliver improvements with a focus on reporting opportunities, priorities, risks, contingencies & forecasts
– Working with the team to standardise reporting across the supply chain
– Challenging and evaluating the financial impact of monthly forecast updates
– Championing IFS (ERP) system usage throughout the business unit
– Producing reports, which will include weekly management accounts overhead reporting; Weekly KPI production; bank stock reporting and monthly stock and balance sheet reconciliation to name a few
– Managing and correlating duty accounts (alcohol and goods) and ensure the filing of duty calculations with HMRC
– Tracking and monitor freight and distribution costs
– Calculating and reporting on the cost of manufacturing waste
In addition, we want you to work with the logistics team in order to improve their financial skills and capability
Our ideal Supply Chain Finance Assistant will be either PQ or AAT qualified. You will have worked in an accounting function before and will be experienced using an ERP system. Logistics / manufacturing experience is preferable although not essential. In addition, you will be: –
– An excellent communicator across all levels and functions, with the ability to influence your internal customers and those outside of your immediate sphere of control
– Highly analytical, with good Excel skills
– Good organisational skills – ability to deliver against tight deadlines; methodical and great attention to detail and able to work proactively with minimal direct guidance once your training/familiarisation is complete
– An innate problem solving attitude
We want someone who will role model our company STAR values at all times; (Solution focused; teamwork; accountability and respect), be professional; delivery focused, flexible and someone who works with high integrity.
If this is you and you believe you have the skills and experience required to join the Whitworth’s family as our Supply Chain Finance Assistant then email Recruitment@whitworths.co.uk
We look forward to receiving your application.
Whitworths is growing every day, so we are always looking for talented individuals (at every level) who can deliver STAR potential. If you’re ready to give us your best, let’s talk.