BRIGHT LITTLE NUTS – The UK’s first nut snack created for kids
- New Bright Little Nuts are naturally high in vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre, and low in salt and sugar
- Playful pack design and free collectable ‘My Amazing Body’ cards make healthy snacking fun and appealing to children
- Available in three varieties – almond halves, mini cashews and mini hazelnuts
Much-loved UK snacking brand, Whitworths has announced the launch of Bright Little Nuts, a new range of natural nut snacks for children aged 5+. The three tasty varieties are packed with health benefits including vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre, and each 20g snack pack contains just the right amount of halved or mini nuts to help fill them up when hunger hits between meals.
As the UK’s leading supplier of high quality dried fruit and nut snacking products, Whitworths has created the handy new snacks to stimulate brain cells as well as taste buds, with each multi-pack featuring a selection of collectable ‘My Amazing Body’ fact and activity cards. The cards all have fun facts, games and quizzes, to help children explore and learn whilst encouraging them to opt for a healthier snack.
Nutritionist, Charlotte Stirling-Reed believes snacking on the right foods can help children develop healthy habits, she says:
“As a parent, making sure your children are eating healthily throughout the day can be hard, especially with so many snacks that are high in sugar, salt or saturated fats so readily available. However, foods such as natural nuts offer a great snack whilst providing a good source of nutrients that are essential for maintaining healthy growth”.
Alongside the new snacks, Whitworths has also launch an interactive website for children to meet the on-pack characters, the Nutwings, and get a chance to test their knowledge about their own amazing bodies from specifically designed activities and games inspired by the collectable, ‘My Amazing Body’ cards.
Marketing Director, Phil Gowland says: “We are passionate about creating genuinely healthy snacks that kids enjoy so we’ve designed our new Bright Little Nuts to do just that, helping children keep a healthy body and a healthy thirst for knowledge. As a fun and enticing treat, these handy nut snacks are something children will naturally reach for making it easier for parents to encourage healthy eating habits that will stand them in good stead as they grow older.”
Whitworths Bright Little Nuts come in three varieties including mini cashews, almond halves and mini hazelnuts.
- Almond Halves: Sweet, smooth, crunchy and also naturally good for you. A natural source of protein for muscles and bones
- Mini Cashews: Sweet, crisp, creamy and also naturally good for you. A natural source of phosphorous to aid energy release
- Mini Hazelnuts: Crisp, sweet, rich and also naturally good for you. A natural source of copper to help your immune system
The almond, cashew and hazelnut 20g products, are now available in multipacks (x5 per box) in supermarkets from £2.59 RRP.
For further information or imagery please contact Frank PR: Whitworths@frankpr.it / 020 7693 6999.