Banana Loaf Cake
- 50g Whitworths Banana Chips
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 190C / Fan 170C / Gas Mark 5 then grease and line the base of a 1lb loaf time with greaseproof paper.
- Select 12 whole banana chips for decorating the top then break the remaining into small pieces.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in the flour, mashed banana and the broken banana chips until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the batter into prepared tin and smooth the top level. Place the remaining whole banana chips on top of the batter.
- Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until well risen and golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Great served warm or cooled with a drizzle of toffee sauce.
- 15 mins
- 35-40 mins
- Makes 8