Carrot & Walnut Muffins
- 100g Whitworths Californian Walnuts
- 100g Whitworths Sunshine Sultanas
- 2 medium eggs
- 175g dark soft brown sugar
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 1 medium orange, finely grated zest & juice
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g carrots, finely grated
- 250g full fat soft cheese
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 75g icing sugar
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 180⁰C/Fan 160⁰C/Gas Mark 4 then add muffin cases to a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Roughly chop the walnut pieces then set aside.
- Beat the eggs, brown sugar and oil together in a bowl then stir in 4 tablespoons of the orange juice.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl then fold until evenly combined.
- Stir in the carrot, sultanas and 85g of the walnuts, leaving 15g to decorate.
- Spoon mixture between the cases then bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 30 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile beat the cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and orange zest together until smooth. Using the back of a teaspoon to swirl the frosting over the top of the muffins, decorate with the remaining walnut pieces then serve and enjoy!