Cheese & Walnut Scones
- 50g Whitworths Californian Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 25g butter, at room temperature
- 75g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 125ml milk
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / Fan 200°C / Gas Mark 7, then grease a baking sheet.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and mustard powder into a bowl then rub in the butter to form crumbs.
- Set aside 25g cheese for the tops then stir in the remaining cheese and walnuts.
- Stir in enough milk to form a soft dough, then gather together and knead very lightly on a floured surface.
- Roll out to a thickness of 2-3cm then cut out into 6cm rounds using a plain cutter (or whatever shape you like!).
- Place onto the baking sheet, brush with a little milk then top with the set aside cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until well risen and golden then serve! Try served warm spread with a little butter!
- 10-15 mins
- 10-12 mins
- Makes 9