Choc & Cherry Tear & Share
- 120g Whitworths Mix’n’Bake Dark Choc Cherry
- 320g pre-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 50g leftover Easter egg (broken into small pieces)
- For the sauce...
- 75g leftover Easter egg
- 140ml milk
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 90g caster sugar
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment then unwrap the pastry onto a floured surface.
- Roll out slightly, cut in half (into two rough squares) then transfer one half of the pastry onto the lined tray.
- Beat together the milk and egg, then brush over the pastry sat on the tray.
- Sprinkle the Mix’n’Bake Dark Choc Cherry mix and Easter egg pieces over, leaving an area in the centre for the sauce dish.
- Place the second half over the top of the first, pressing down firmly around the ring of the filling.
- Using a sharp knife, trim off the corners to make the pastry into a circle. Cut a hole in the centre using a small ramekin or dish as a guide, discarding the spare pastry.
- Make cuts in the ring from the outer edge to near the inside edge, taking care not to cut all the way through. Continue cutting until you have 12 ‘petals’.
- Twist each piece over twice then brush with the egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by heating the chocolate and milk in a small saucepan,over a low heat, until melted.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and sugar together in a small bowl or mug then add to the saucepan, increase the heat until the sauce begins to boil.
- Once thickened, after about 3-5 minutes, remove from the heat.
- Once the pastry is cooked, transfer to a plate, place your ramekin or small dish in the centre, fill with the chocolate sauce then serve whilst it’s still warm!