Christmas Cake Kit – Muffins
- 120g Whitworths Christmas Cake Kit
- 160g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 medium eggs
- zest of 1 orange, grated
- 12 muffin cases
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 140⁰C / Fan 120⁰C / Gas Mark 2 then place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then mix in the eggs, one at a time. Add the grated zest and mix thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and mixed spice and fold into the mix. Add the fruit mix and pecans then fold thoroughly.
- Divide the mix between the muffin cases then bake on the bottom shelf for 45 minutes.
- To test if they are cooked simply insert a skewer into the centre of a muffin, if it comes out clean then they’re cooked.
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 15 minutes then remove them from the tin then place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before decorating.