- 50g Whitworths Chopped Almonds
- 50g Whitworths Juice Locked Raisins
- 50g Whitworths Chopped Apricots
- 40g Whitworths Crystallised Fiery Ginger, roughly chopped
- 50g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 40g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp orange juice
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 180⁰C/Fan 160⁰C/Gas Mark 4 then line 4 baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
- Gently melt the butter and sugar together in a pan, remove from the heat then beat in the flour, mixed spice, cream and orange juice.
- Stir in the almonds, raisins, apricots, ginger and pistachios then stir thoroughly.
- Whilst mix is still warm scoop out small balls of the mix with a tablespoon and place onto the trays - you will need to space out well as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden, they will still be soft but will harden as they cool.
- Once fully cooled, prep the chocolate... melt two-thirds of the chocolate over a pan of boiling water, continue heating until runny then remove from the heat and stir in the remaining third. Stir well until completely melted.
- Drizzle over in a zig-zag patterning using either a piping bag or a spoon.
- 15 mins
- 12-13 mins
- Makes 26