Christmas Pudding Ice Cream Bomb
- For the ice cream... 100g Whitworths Little Jewel Cranberries 65g Whitworths Juice Locked Raisins
- 65g Whitworths Juice Locked Raisins
- 55g Whitworths Sunshine Sultanas
- 55g Whitworths Zante Mini Currants
- 25g Whitworths Chopped Brazils
- 450ml whipping cream
- 40ml rum, orange liqueur or Amaretto
- 35g mixed peel
- 50g icing sugar
- For the hot fudge sauce... 125g Whitworths Chopped Sayer Dates
- 218g small can sweetened condensed milk
- 200g small can evaporated milk
- 50g butter
- 125g granulated sugar
- 2 drops vanilla essence
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- For the ice cream... the night before you want to make your pud, mix the raisins, sultanas, currants, mixed peel and your alcholic tipple into a bowl then leave overnight to soak.
- Line a 1 pint pudding basin with cling film.
- Whip the cream together with the icing sugar until it just holds its shape.
- Fold in the soaked fruit mix, cranberries and brazil nuts then pour into your lined pudding basin.
- Freeze until firm.
- For the hot fudge sauce... place the cans of milk, butter and sugar into a pan then heat slowly, stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and heat gently, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until the suace is thick and golden in colour.
- Remove from the heat, beat well then stir in the dates and vanilla essence.
- Serve warm (rather than hot!) poured over your ice cream bomb.
- 20 mins plus overnight soaking and freezing