Cranberry, Apricot & Almond Shortbread
- 35g Whitworths Chopped Apricots
- 35g Whitworths Little Jewel Cranberries
- 25g Whitworths Flaked Almonds
- 125g unsalted butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour + little extra for rolling
- ½ tsp almond essence (optional)
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 180⁰C/Fan 160⁰C/Gas Mark 4 then line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, add the apricots, cranberries and flaked almonds then stir well to form a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to a 1cm thickness.
- Cut out 12 cookies using your favourite cutter then place onto the trays.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes, until a pale golden colour then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 20 mins + 20 mins chilling
- 10-12 mins
- Makes 12