Date & Chocolate Brownie Mugs
- 100g Whitworths Chopped Sayer Dates
- 40g Whitworths Toasted Chopped Nuts
- 50g Whitworths Ground Almonds
- 50g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 75g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 75g unsalted butter
- 75ml semi-skimmed milk
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cream of tartar
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C / Fan 180⁰C / Gas Mark 6 then lightly grease 4 ovenproof mugs (or ramekin dishes) with a little butter.
- Divide the chopped dates equally between the mugs, then sprinkle equal quantities of the white chocolate and chopped nuts over the top.
- Place the dark chocolate, butter, milk and sugar into a heavy-based pan then heat gently until the chocolate has melted.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl then stir until smooth.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder and cream of tartar into the dark chocolate bowl, until evenly combined.
- Gently fold in the ground almonds then divide the mixture evenly between the mugs.
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 20 minutes or until the surface is cooked but soft and fudge-like in the centre.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or clotted cream... and enjoy!