- 150g Whitworths Zante Mini Currants
- 75g Whitworths Little Jewel Cranberries
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g demerara sugar
- Flour, for rolling pastry
- 1 x block ready made puff pastry
- 1 tbsp milk
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6 then lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Melt the butter in a small pan, over a low heat then add 40g sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the currants and cranberries, then set aside to cool.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface, into an oblong (approximately 45cm x 55cm) and 0.5cm thick, then cut out 18 circles using a 10cm plain round cutter.
- Place a spoonful of the cooled fruit in the middle of the pastry circle then brush the edges with a little cold water.
- Fold the edges into the centre and pinch together to enclose the filling then turn over and cut two small slits in the top of each.
- Brush with milk, sprinkle with the remaining sugar then place onto the baking sheets.
- Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack until cool then serve and enjoy!
- 20 mins
- 15-20 mins
- Makes 18