Fruit & Nut Easter Egg
- 25g Whitworths Shots (choose your favourite flavour or mix a few together!)
- 100-150g chocolate (the thickness you like your eggs will determine how much chocolate you need - choose between milk, white or dark!)
- you will also need...
- 11cm easter egg mould (or whateve size you like, simply adjust the
- This recipe makes one egg but it won’t take you much longer to
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Ensure the polished surface of the mould is clean and dry (this helps to produce a shine on the finished egg).
- Divide the chocolate into 2 so you can build 2 layers. Then place two-thirds of the first layer into a bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water. Remove from the heat then add the remaining third, stirring vigourously until completely melted.
- Meanwhile place the Whitworths Shots in the base of one half of the egg mould, drizzle a little of the melted chocolate over them to hold them in place.
- Using a brush simply coat the inside of the mould with the melted chocolate. Refrigerateuntil set then repeat for the second layer. If you like a thicker chocolate then simply add another layer, refrigerating between them.
- Once all the layers are in place, refrigerate for a further 45 minutes to fully set - once set they should simply fall out of the moulds.
- To join the halves together simply heat a baking tray in the oven, remove from the oven then place the halves onto the hot surface to melt a little then hold together until set.
- 20 mins
- 90 mins chilling
- Makes 1