Fruity Bundt Cake
- 250g Whitworths Luxury Mixed Fruit
- 180g unsalted butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 550g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp orange essence
- 180ml orange juice
- 2 tsp icing sugar (decoration)
- You will also need a large bundt tin (2.3ltrs)
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 160ºC/Fan 140ºF / Gas Mark 3 then lightly grease your bundt tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, to form a smooth light batter.
- Gradually add the flour and orange essence into the egg mixture. When well mixed in, add in the orange juice and stir well.
- Add the Luxury Mixed Fruit, stirring to combine then pour into the bundt tin.
- Smooth the top then place onto a baking tray (for stability!) and bake in the centre of your oven for 80 minutes, until a nice golden colour.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes then turn over to release the cake and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate. Best enjoyed on day of baking.