- 300g Whitworths Sunshine Sultanas
- 300g Whitworths Juice Locked Raisins
- 100g Whitworths Zante Mini Currants
- 75g Whitworths Chopped Almonds
- 200g mixed peel
- 450g chunky apple sauce
- 100g shredded suet
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 1 orange, grated zest
- 200ml your favourite tipple
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Place all of the ingredients except your favourite tipple into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in your favourite tipple.
- Divide into jars and refrigerate overnight, ready to serve or make our Starry Mince Pies (see our website for further recipe ideas).
- Suitable for home freezing - mincemeat will last upto 4 months in the freezer so if you wouldlike to freeze it simply omit the alcohol until you are ready to use it. Freeze then thaw overnight and add your tipple. Allow to defrost for a further 48 hours.
- 15 mins + overnight chilling