Mini Dundee Cakes
- 350g Whitworths Traditional Mixed Fruit
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 small orange, finely grated zest
- 150g plain flour
- 3g mixed spice
- 100g glace cherries, halved
- 100g whole blanched almonds
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 140⁰C/Fan 120⁰C/Gas Mark 1 then place 6 mini loaf cake cases onto a baking tray (or you could replace with a lightly greased 12 cup muffin tray)
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each one, then stir in the grated orange zest.
- Sift the flour and mixed spice into the mix then gently fold together. Fold in the mixed fruit and cherries then spoon evenly between the cases or the cups of the muffin tray.
- Level the surface, then gently arrange the almonds over the top, trying not to press down too much otherwise they will sink during cooking.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of your preheated oven for 45 minutes, testing with a skewer to ensure cooked through (skewer comes out clean when cooked).
- Leave to cool for 1 hour then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.