Pancakes with Walnuts, Banana Chips & Maple Syrup
- For the pancakes...
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- For the topping...
- 15g Whitworths Californian Walnuts
- 15g Whitworths Paradise Banana Chips
- Maple syrup to drizzle
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- For the pancakes... Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle then crack the eggs into the well. Slowly add the milk, whisking until a smooth, thick batter is formed.
- Add the oil then whisk well.
- Heat a small saucepan over a medium heat then wipe with a sheet of oiled kitchen roll.
- Pour a small ladle of batter into the pan, tilting the pan to distribute the batter.
- Leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute then flip over once lightly browned. Fry the flipped side for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a plate then repeat until you have a stack of 5 pancakes.
- Sprinkle the top with the walnuts and banana chips then drizzle generously with maple syrup and serve.