Plant Powered Korma
- 50g Whitworths Ground Almonds
- 50g Whitworths Desiccated Coconut
- 50g Whitworths Flaked Almonds
- 180g Alpro ‘Plain Unsweetened’
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, roughly diced
- Thumb Seized Piece of Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Large Courgette, grated
- 1 Large Carrot, grated
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 4 tbsp. Vegan Korma Paste
- 100g Red Lentils
- 450ml Vegan Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Add the diced onion and sweat until translucent, stir in the ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Add the grated courgette and carrot and sweat on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, vegan korma paste, ground almond and desiccated coconut, stirring over the heat until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour in the red lentils and vegan vegetable stock. Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 40 minutes, stirring periodically, or until the lentils are soft.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir in the Plain Unsweetened.
- Serve and garnish with flaked almonds.
- 30 minutes
- 40 minutes
- Makes 6