- 160g Whitworths Juice Locked Raisins
- 1 x block ready-made all butter puff pastry
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 35g light brown sugar
- 35g unsalted butter, softened
- 80g icing sugar
- 3 tsp water
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6 then lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Roll out the block pastry on a floured surface (30cm x 40cm oblong) then trim the edges straight.
- Mix the raisins, mixed spice, brown sugar and butter together then spread over the pastry, lightly pressing the raisins into the surface of the pastry.
- Taking the short edge loosely roll into a “swiss roll” log then cover and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- After chilling, cut the log into 12 slices (approximately 2cm thick) then place onto the baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, mix the icing sugar and water together to form a thin icing then drizzle over the top. Serve and enjoy!
- 20 mins PLUS 15 mins chilling
- 20-25 mins
- Makes 12