Salted Caramel S’Mores
- 240g Whitworths Mix’n’Bake Choc Salted Caramel
- 50g Whitworths Crystallised Fiery Ginger, finely chopped
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 100g mini marshmallows
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 190⁰C/Fan 170⁰C/Gas Mark 5 then lightly grease 2 baking trays.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate, ground ginger and cinnamon into a bowl. Rub in the butter to a breadcrumb then stir in the sugar.
- Beat the syrup together with the egg and crystallised ginger then stir into the crumb mix.
- Mix to form a dough then knead until smooth on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out to 4mm thick, cutting out 24 rounds using a 78mm cutter.
- Place onto the baking sheets then bake for 12-13 minutes until golden.
- Loosen with a palette knife whilst still warm, cool slightly before transferring onto a wire rack.
- To build the s’mores... place a gingerbread round onto a baking tray, place a tablespoon of salted caramel mix ‘n’ bake mix onto it, then a tablespoon of marshmallows.
- Top with another gingerbread round, press down lightly then repeat.
- Bake (200⁰C/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6) for 4 minutes, cool slightly then serve and enjoy!
- 15 minutes
- 12-13 minutes