Scones with Strawberry Jam & Clotted Cream
- 90g Whitworths Sunshine Sultanas
- 225g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- small pinch of salt
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 35g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 75ml whole milk
- 120g strawberry jam
- 227g clotted cream
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6 then lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl then rub in the butter with your fingertips.
- Stir in the sultanas, sugar, egg and milk to form a soft dough, handling as little as possible to keepit light.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until 1.5cm thick then fold half over the top of itself (this gives a nice natural break to cut them open once cooked), then flatten slightly using the palmof your hand.
- Cut out with a cutter, re-rolling the dough as required.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-13 minutes until risen and golden, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled split and fill the scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream - in which order is totally up to you!
- 30 mins
- 10-13 mins
- Makes 10