Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 125g Whitworths Chopped Sayer Dates
- 100g boiling water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 90g unsalted butter, softened
- 160g light muscovado sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 100g self raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60ml whole milk
- 60ml double cream
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Soak the dates in the boiling water for 30 minutes then mash with a fork and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Preheat your oven to 180⁰C/Fan 160⁰C/Gas Mark 4 then grease 4 mini pudding tins and place onto a baking sheet.
- Beat 50g butter with 80g of sugar together until pale and creamy then add the egg a little at a time, beating well.
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda then fold one third into the batter, followed by half the milk.
- Repeat until all of the flour and milk is mixed in.
- Stir in the soaked dates then divide the batter evenly between the tins. Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
- Meanwhile for the sauce… heat over a low heat the remaining butter and sugar with 40ml cream, stirring continuously for 7-10 minutes until the sugar has completely dissolved and the sauce has turned a dark toffee colour. Remove from the heat then stir in the remaining cream.
- Turn the puddings out onto a plate, spoon over the sauce then serve and enjoy!