FACTORY TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATOR
Whitworths are the UK’s leader in dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. We are proud to be widely recognised and trusted by our working partners, international suppliers and, most importantly, by millions of customers as manufacturers of innovative, tasty, healthy products.
Why join the technical team?
Your role will be to provide support to the Factory Technical Team in the form of general administration duties and the preparation of detailed and accurate technical reports. This is a busy and fast paced function. You will analyse data to create Key Performance Indicator reports for both Technical and Operation Teams, log and trend micro testing results, review factory paperwork and computer-based traceability system and coordinate calibration schedule across site.
Some of your main tasks will cover:
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly technical function KPI reports
- Complete control plans for the computer-based traceability system
- Complete review of all traceability records – packaging verification records and metal detection verification, cleaning records
- Complete traceability challenges
- Complete Quality Management System internal audits
- Maintenance of the autocoding database, including reporting and initial data analysis
- Log and trend all microbiological testing results
- Coordinate the calibration schedule across the site – arranging maintenance and repairs as required
- Support the Quality Systems Manager in the investigation and coordination of held stock.
- Coordinate site factory technical training.
- Support the Account Compliance Technologist with the co-ordination of the Taste Panel.
- Provide QA cover where required.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
You will need to demonstrate previous experience working in a food manufacturing environment and are familiar with food safety standards and process, ideally in a factory technical role. A food science qualification would be desirable or, demonstrate that you worked in a very fast paced administration role, where accurate record keeping is of the upmost important.
You would need to be able to get up to speed with various systems quickly, with a strong attention to detail and be able to use MS Office i.e. Word & Excel, PowerPoint
Good written and verbal communication skills are essential as you will be communicating with lots of different departments, our internal and external customers, and retailers.
You will need to be able to prioritise skills and be comfortable working both individually and part of a team.
If you have a keen eye for detail, are proactive and a flexible team player we would be keen to hear from you.
The recruitment process will involve the following:
- CV and application submitted via our online recruitment portal
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a video interview
- Successful candidates will then be invited to join a face-to-face interview
- Competitive salary
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday – 7am to 3pm (flexibility an hour either side of this start time)
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Training & development culture
If this sounds like you, and you believe you have the skills and experience required to join the Whitworths’ family then click ‘apply’ now! We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note, Whitworths is committed to eradicating modern slavery from its business and within our supply chain. Our modern slavery statement is available on our web site. If you have any concerns, you can contact the following organisations: The Salvation Army Human Trafficking Helpline – ( 0300 303 8151 and the Modern Slavery Helpline (08000 121 700).