- 10-15 mins
- 18-20 mins
- Makes 12
Apple & Sultana Muffins
- 100g Whitworths Sunshine Sultanas
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 eating apple, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 15g demerara sugar
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas Mark 6 then line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl, add the sugar, apple and sultanas then mix well.
- Mix the beaten eggs with the yogurt and butter then stir into the dry ingredients to mix together (don't over mix though as it can toughen the muffins).
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases, almost filling them to the top then sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and golden. Leave to cool then serve and enjoy!