- 20 minutes
- 18 minutes
- Makes 20
- 50g Whitworths Californian walnuts, roughly chopped
- 30g Whitworths Nutty Nibbles pistachios, roughly chopped
- 225g Water
- 115g Butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 145g Plain flour
- 3 Large eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 200g Dark chocolate, broken into pieces
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Set the oven temperature to 200°C (Gas mark 6). Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a saucepan, add the water, butter and coconut sugar. Place on a medium heat until the butter has melted. Whisk in the flour until there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth.
- Use a wooden spoon and stir the dough over a low heat until a ball is formed. Take off the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat up the eggs and add the vanilla extract.
- Add a small amount of the egg into the dough, mixing until it is fully combined. Continue adding the egg mixture a little at a time, mixing thoroughly into the dough each time. When finished, the dough should resemble a thick paste.
- Add the mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Pipe the churros onto the grease proof paper. They should be about 12-14cm long.
- Place the churros in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. After this time, turn off the oven and leave them in there for a further 10 minutes to help keep their shape.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring that the base does not touch the water. Break the dark chocolate into the bowl and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Dip the churros into the dark chocolate and coat with the roughly chopped Whitworths Californian walnuts and Whitworths pistachios.