- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Makes 10
Brazilian Beans with Corn Fritters
- 1 pouch Whitworths Protein by Nature Brazilian smoky Beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 250g tinned corn, drained
- 140g chickpea flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of chipotle chilli flakes
- 200g vegan yoghurt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Juice from 1 lime
READY... STEADY... COOK...
- Preheat the oven to 180c (350f, gas mark 5) and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic for 2 - 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the corn, onions and garlic to a food processor and pulse until it becomes a thick paste.
- Stir in the chickpea flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, oregano, lime zest and chipotle chilli flakes.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the mixture, roll into a ball and press down slightly to create a patty shape on the baking sheet. The mixture will be sticky so wetting your hands will help when shaping them.
- Add them to the lined baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes until golden brown, flipping them over half way.
- For the dipping sauce add the vegan yogurt, dried dill and lime juice to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Cook the Whitworths Protein by Nature Brazilian smoky Beans as per back of pack instructions and serve alongside the fritters and the dipping sauce.