- 10 minutes
- 16 minutes
- Makes 4
- 120g Whitworths Mix 'n' Bake Dark Choc Cherry
- 120g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- 300ml milk
- 4 tsp vegetable oil for frying
- To serve (optional): raspberries, raspberry coulis and artisan vanilla ice cream.
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl then add the sugar and stir.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix then add the beaten egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Stir together until you have a smooth batter. Leave to rest.
- Place a large non-stick pan over a medium heat, add 2 teaspoons oil then tilt the pan to spread the oil.
- Add a small amount of batter to the pan then swirl to spread a thin, even layer over the base of the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute, 30 seconds, then flip over and cook the other side for a further 1 minute.
- Transfer to a warm plate, sprinkle 1/4 of the Mix 'n' Bake Dark Choc Cherry pack in the middle of the crepe then roll the crepe up.
- Return to the pan for a further 1 minute and 30 seconds to melt the chocolate.
- Repeat the above steps until all the batter is used up.
- Optional - serve with artisan vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of raspberry coulis and a few fresh raspberries.