- 15 mins + 30 mins soaking time
- 15 mins + 1.5 hours chilling time
- Makes 27
Chocolate & Date Truffles
- 100g Whitworths Blocked Sayer Dates
- 50g Whitworths Chopped Toasted Nuts
- 50g Whitworths Desiccated Coconut
- 50g Whitworths Flaked Almonds, slightly crushed
- 2 tbsp water, boiling
- 250g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50ml double cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Break the Blocked Sayer Dates into small pieces and place into a heat proof bowl. Stir in the boiling water and leave to stand for 30 minutes, then mash with a fork to form a smooth paste.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate, butter and double cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of water over a low heat. Be careful not to let the water boil or touch the bottom of the bowl.
- When the chocolate and butter start to melt, stir to form a smooth thick sauce.
- Stir the mashed dates and cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture until evenly combined, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour until the mixture has set.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out 27 equal mounds of the chilled mixture then use your hands to roll them into balls.
- Roll 9 of the balls into the Chopped Toasted Mixed Nuts until completely coated, roll a further 9 in the Desiccated Coconut, then the final 9 in the Flaked Almonds.
- Cover and return to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until ready to enjoy!