- 40 mins PLUS 15 mins cooling
- Makes 20
Chocolate Dates Stuffed with Almond & Cranberries
- 175g Whitworths Stoned Deglet Nour Dates
- 75g Whitworths Ground Almonds
- 30g Whitworths Little Jewel Cranberries
- 40g caster sugar
- 1tsp almond essence
- 50ml water
- 600g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Heat the water, cranberries and sugar gently in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the almonds and almond essence then stir to a smooth, thick paste. Allow to cool.
- Spoon a large teaspoon of the mix into the centre of the dates.
- Place two-thirds of the chocolate into a bowl then melt over a pan of barely simmering water. Remove from the heat then add the remaining third stirring vigorously until completely melted.
- Dip each stuffed date fully into the chocolate, shake gently then place onto a sheet of greaseproof paper. Continue until all the dates are covered placing them apart so they don’t touch each other.
- Leave to set for at least 15 minutes before serving.