Chocolate Lime Macaroons
- 80g Whitworths Desiccated Coconut
- 1 medium egg white
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp lime zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 100g dark chocolate
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas Mark 4 then grease and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Beat the egg white until light and fluffy but not stiff, then fold in the desicated coconut, cornflour, caster sugar, lime zest and juice.
- Place a small mound of the mixture (about a tablespoon) onto the prepared tray, spacing them 5cm apart, then bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the tray for a few minutes, until they are cool enough to handle - say 10 minutes (don't let them cool too much or they are more difficult to remove!) then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces then place in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water to melt.
- Dip the prongs of a fork into the melted chocolate then drizzle over the macaroons. Leave to set then serve and enjoy.