- 20 mins
- 45-50 mins
- Makes 10
Coconut & Lime Drizzle Cake
- 80g Whitworths Desiccated Coconut (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top!)
- 165g unsalted butter, softened
- 165g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 130g self-raising flour, sieved
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 68g icing sugar
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / Gas Mark 4 then grease and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Fold in, with a metal spoon, the sieved flour, half of the lime zest and the coconut.
- Place into the tin, level the top then bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until golden on top (test with a skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is cooked). Leave to cool.
- Once cool turn out then mix the icing sugar with 1tbsp lime juice to form a runny icing.
- Pour over the top of the cooled cake allowing it to drizzle down the sides, then decorate with the rest of the lime zest and a sprinkle of desiccated coconut. Serve and enjoy!