Coconut & Rose Drizzle Cake
- 50g Whitworths Ground Almonds
- 45g Whitworths Desiccated Coconut
- 3 medium eggs
- 170g golden caster sugar
- 170g self raising flour
- 150g salted butter, melted
- 125g icing sugar
- rose water, splash of
- 2 tbsp water
- edible flowers for decorating
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas Mark 5 then grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar together in a food mixer, on high, for 5 minutes until light and fluffy then using a metal spoon, fold in the flour, ground almonds and melted butter.
- Set aside a teaspoon of the coconut for the icing then fold in the rest of the coconut.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin then bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes (test with a skewer, if it comes out clean then it’s cooked!)
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile to make the drizzle... place the icing sugar into a bowl, add 1 tbsp water then mix to a paste.
- Add a few rose water drops at a time, until the icing has a hint of rose. Adding more water if needed to make the icing thin enough to drizzle. Stir in the set aside coconut.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake, decorate with the flowers then leave to set before serving.