Dark Chocolate & Cherry Griddle Cakes
- 60g Whitworths Mix’n’Bake Dark Choc Cherry
- 225g self raising flour
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 egg, medium, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- For the topping:
- 30g Whitworths Toasted Chopped Mixed Nuts
- 300ml low fat creme fraiche
- 200g cherry jam
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Mix the flour sugar, butter and salt together in a large bowl until resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the beaten egg and milk until you have a soft dough.
- Add the Mix N Bake Dark Choc Cherry mix, stir well to form a pastry like texture.
- Roll out the dough to a 5mm thickness, then using a 48mm cutter cut out (re-rolling as required) you should get around 36 small scones.
- Grease a flat griddle pan or heavy frying pan with a little butter.
- Place pan onto a low-to-medium heat then cook the scones, in batches of 6, for approximately 2 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Leave to cool slightly then top with jam, creme fraiche and a sprinkle of toasted nuts.
- Or you could serve warm simply with butter and jam... delicious!