Fiery Ginger Cookies
- 150g Whitworths Crystalised Ginger, roughly chopped
- 75g butter, softened
- 150g light brown, soft sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 115g self raising flour
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4, then line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and smooth then stir in the egg yolk.
- Add the remaining ingredients then stir to form an even dough.
- Divide equally into 10 balls then flatten slightly, place onto your lined baking sheet leaving plenty of room for them to spread in the oven.
- Bake in your pre-heated ovent for 10-12 minutes (a longer cooking time will make them crispier, whilst a shorter time will leave them soft and chewy)
- Allow to cool on the trays for at least 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!