- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Makes 2
Mexican Burrito Bowl
- 1 Whitworths Protein by Nature Mexican Spicy Grains pouch
- ½ Butternut Squash, peeled and diced into 2cm squares
- 1 tbsp. of Fajita spice mix
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 200g tin of Sweetcorn, thoroughly drained
- 2 tbsp. of vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp of chipotle paste
- ½ Red onion, peeled and diced
- ½ Avocado, peeled and sliced
- 5 – 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- To serve:
- 1 lime
- Pickled Jalapenos to taste, sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Couple of nachos each
READY... STEADY... COOK...
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4)
- Mix together the butternut squash, fajita spice mix and olive oil and bake until soft.
- Bring a large frying pan up to a high heat and add the drained sweetcorn. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until a little charring occurs. Set aside.
- Mix the vegan yogurt and chipotle paste together and set aside.
- Cook the Whitworths Protein by Nature Mexican Spicy Grains pouch as per back of pack instructions.
- Spoon the Mexican spicy grains in the bottom of the bowl and place the butternut squash, charred corn, red onion, avocado and tomatoes on top.
- Add a dollop of the chipotle yogurt mix in the middle and garnish with a lime wedge, fresh coriander leaves, sliced pickled jalapenos and a couple of nachos each.