Moroccan Stuffed Peppers
- 20g Whitworths Flaked Almonds
- 20g Whitworths Chopped Apricots
- 20g Whitworths Chilean Flame Raisins
- 4 Peppers, any colour
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon tomato puree
- 200g Basmati rice
- 60g Quinoa
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (356°f, Gas mark 4). Cut the tops off each pepper and keep to one side. Hollow out the insides of the peppers by removing seeds and the cores.
- Cover the peppers with a little olive oil and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Separately rinse the rice and quinoa with cold water. Cook the rice and quinoa as per back of pack instructions
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the red onion and fry on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper and tomato puree followed by the cooked rice, cooked quinoa, raisins and apricots. Stir to make sure the rice and quinoa are fully coated with the spice mix.
- Once combined take off the heat and fold in the almonds. Fill the peppers with the rice mixture, put the tops back on, place in a baking dish and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
- Makes 1