- 2 Whitworths Protein By Nature Mexican Spicy Grains
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 green chilli, diced
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 400g tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g tomatoes, diced
- 200g corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 20g fresh coriander, chopped
- In a large saucepan, over a medium heat add the Mexican spicy grains, oil, garlic, chilli, vegetable stock, black beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 -15 minutes.
- Drain and add to a serving bowl. Season to taste and stir in the avocado, lime juice and fresh coriander.