Raspberry & Coconut Tarts
- 150g Whitworths Desiccated Coconut
- 1 pack 320g shortcrust pastry sheet
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g salted butter
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2tbsp raspberry jam
- 100g fresh raspberries
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5, then grease and flour small tart tins.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 12 circles, sized to fit in the tin. Place in the tin then press gently.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time then beat together until smooth.
- Fold in the desiccated coconut and vanilla essence using a metal spoon.
- Divide the jam between the cases, spreading out a little across the bottom of each case.
- Top with a spoonful of the coconut mix, dividing the mix out equally between them.
- Decorate with the raspberries, pressing down slightly into the mixture then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
- 30 mins
- 20-25 mins
- Makes 12