Roasted Vegetables, Halloumi & Green Lentils
- 200g Great Scot Green Lentils
- 500ml vegetable stock, hot
- 3 mixed peppers, deseeded & quartered
- 2 large courgettes, sliced thickly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g packs halloumi cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Bring the lentils to the boil in a pan with the stock and boil for 10 minutes then simmer for 30 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C), Gas Mark 6.
- Meanwhile, coat the peppers and courgettes in 1 tablespoon of the oil and cook on a baking tray in the centre of the preheated oven for 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Heat the balsamic vinegar in the cleaned lentil pan, add the cooked lentils and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and fry the halloumi on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve the lentils, topped with the roasted vegetables and halloumi.