- 45 mins
- 25-30 mins
- Makes 4
Salted Caramel & Apple Bread & Butter Pudding
- 120g Whitworths Mix’n’Bake Choc Salted Caramel
- 50g Whitworths Juice Locked Raisins
- 25g unsalted butter, softened
- 7 slices white bread, medium
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 250ml milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 25g caster sugar
- 1tbsp demerara sugar
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Grease a 1 litre/2 pint deep dish with butter.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread, spread each slice with butter then cut into triangles.
- Arrange a layer of the bread, butter side up, in the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon, a third of the pack of the Mix’n’ Bake and a third of the raisins.
- Repeat for two more layers then top with a final layer of bread and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, caster sugar and milk together in a jug until smooth then pour overprepared dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and demerara sugar then leave to stand for 30 minutes so that the custard soaks into the mix.
- Preheat your oven to 180⁰C / Fan 160⁰C / Gas Mark 4 then bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the custard has set and the top is golden brown - enjoy!