Sticky Ginger Cake
- 25g Whitworths Crystallised Fiery Ginger
- 70g Whitworths Chilean Orchard Prunes
- 150g golden syrup
- 50g black treacle
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 8g gound ginger
- 2g ground mixed spice
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 120g self raising flour, sieved
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 160⁰C/Fan 140⁰C/Gas Mark 3 then lightly grease and line the base and sides of an 18cm round cake tin.
- Finely chop the crystallised ginger and set aside, then puree the prunes in a food processor (or very finely chop them) and transfer to a large pan.
- Add the golden syrup, black treacle, sugar and butter to the pan, stir together over a low heat until evenly combined.
- Remove from the heat then stir in the ground ginger, mixed spice and chopped crystallised ginger.
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk together then add to the pan and stir, to form a smooth batter.
- Fold the flour into the batter until evenly combined, then transfer to the prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 1 hour, until spingy to touch.
- Leave in the tin to cool then serve with a light dusting of icing sugar.