Mixed Seed Bagels
- 150g Whitworths Four Seed Mix
- 500g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Egg White
- 7g Instant Dried Yeast
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat oven to 200C/ fan 180C/ gas 6
- Combine flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Mix in 310ml water. Add a bit more if too dry.
- Tip dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth. Transfer to an oiled bowl and cover. Allow to prove for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll into a ball and make a hole in the middle. Stretch the hole out until it is about 6-8cm in diameter. Leave the bagels to prove for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Place the bagels in the boiling water, cook on each side for 30 seconds. Remove and place bagels on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Brush the tops with egg white. Sprinkle over the Whitworths Four Seed Mix and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 25 minutes / 90 minutes for proving
- Makes 10