- 35 + 15 mins resting
- 1 hour
- Makes 10
Apricot Frangipane Tart
- 140g Whitworths Ground Almonds
- 1 pack pre-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 150g tinned apricots
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- flour for rolling out pastry
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas Mark 3, then lightly grease a 23cm loose-bottomed flan tin.
- Open out the pastry sheet onto a flour-dusted work surface then roll it out until roughly 27cm in length.
- Lift the pastry over the prepared flan tin (with your rolling pin) then press the pastry gently onto the base and sides. Trim off any excess pastry with a knife then refrigerate for 15 minutes to rest.
- Cream the caster sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy then beat in the eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the almonds and cornflour.
- Spread the jam over the pastry base, top with the almond mixture then smooth level.
- Arrange the apricots over the top, pressing them down a little then bake for 1 hour until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes.
- Slice then serve warm or leave in the tin to cool competely. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.