- 250g Whitworths Mixed Fruit
- 125ml skimmed milk
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 140°C/120°C Fan/Gas Mark 3, then grease a 23cm x 13cm loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, then whisk in the eggs one by one.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder then add the cinnamon, mixed spice and milk stirring until smooth.
- Gently fold in the fruit then spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Level the top with a spoon then bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Leave to cool in the tin for at least half an hour before turning out to cool completely on a cooling rack.