- 20 mins + 48 hours soaking
- 40 mins
- Makes 6
Mini Christmas Puds
- 100g Whitworths Little Jewel Cranberries
- 100g Whitworths Sunshine Sultanas
- 100g Whitworths Juice Locked Raisins
- 30g candied mixed peel
- 80ml dark rum
- 75g unsalted butter, diced
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- ½ tbsp black treacle
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled & grated
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Soak the cranberries, sultanas, raisins and peel in rum for 48 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 180⁰C/Fan 160⁰C/Gas Mark 4 then grease 6 cups of a deep muffin tin, leaving the 4 corner cups ungreased.
- Beat the butter and sugar together then fold in the flour and mixed spice.
- Add the black treacle then gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in the rum-soaked fruit and apple then spoon into the greased cups.
- Fill the 4 corner cups with boiling water and bake on the bottom shelf of your preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Ease the puddings from the tin using a blunt knife.
- Enjoy hot with custard, cream or brandy butter.