- 35 mins + 15 mins resting
- 1 hour
- Makes 10
Apple & Sultana Turnovers
- 125g Whitworths Sultanas
- 1 500g pack ready-to-roll shortcrust pastry
- 400g eating apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 30g demerara sugar
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 5, then grease and line 2 or 3 baking sheets.
- Peel, core and dice the apples into small cubes then place into a saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon, honey and butter then simmer for approximately 5 minutes until the apple has softened.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to approximately 45cm x 30cm, then cut into 6 squares.
- Divide the mixture between them, keeping the mixture in the middle of each square.
- Wet the edges then fold in half to make a triangle, press down the edges with a fork to seal.
- Place onto your prepared baking sheets then make 3 small cuts in the top to release the steam.
- Brush with the beaten egg, spinkle with demerara sugar then bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Whilst still warm loosen underneath with a palette knife then place onto a cooling rack or serve warm - great with custard or cream!