- 20 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Makes 9
Banana All Bran Muffin
- 50g Whitworths Walnuts
- 50g Whitworths Banana Chips
- 30g Whitworths Pumpkin Seeds
- 90g Coconut Sugar
- 110g Softened Unsalted Butter
- 3 Mashed ripe Bananas
- 110ml Coconut Milk
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 175g Wholemeal Flour
- 100g Wheat Bran or fine oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Preheat the oven to 190°c/375°f/Gas Mark 5 and grease a deep muffin tin or line with muffin cases.
- Chop the Whitworth’s walnuts and banana chips into medium pieces.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and coconut sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the bananas, coconut milk, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the flour, wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Fold the dry flour mix into the wet banana mix 1/3 at a time till fully incorporated.
- Mix in the Whitworth’s walnuts and banana chips and spoon the mixture into the muffin trays or cases and sprinkle with Whitworth’s pumpkin seeds.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in the tray for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.