- 10 minutes
- 35 minutes
- Makes 4
- 500g Great Scot Red Split Lentils
- 4 tbsp Butter, Ghee, Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
Ready… Steady… Bake…
- Thoroughly wash the lentils in cold running water and set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan heat the butter or ghee over medium heat. Add the chilli, turmeric, cumin seeds, onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 5 - 6 minutes or until the onions start to colour.
- Stirring constantly add lentils, stock and salt. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid, lower to a gentle simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure the lentil do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve hot with a warm naan and garnish with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, fresh coriander and thinly sliced red chilli if desired.