‘No Beef’ Black Bean Stir Fry
Who is in the mood for a Friday night Fakeaway? We’re bringing you our version of a ‘No beef’ and Black Bean Stir Fry! This delicious recipe was created by Happy Skin Kitchen.
- For the sauce: 1 pouch of Whitworths Smoky Black Beans
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- For the stir fry: 350g no beef vegan pieces
- 2-3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds oil for frying
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 300g mixed greens of your choice, we have used tenderstem & pak choi
- Serve with: 4 portions (about 80g per portion) or cooked rice noodles or Jasmine rice
- Optional toppings: 1 red chilli - finely sliced
- a handful of chopped coriander
- Start by making the sauce, add half of the Whitworths Smoky black bean into a blender or food processor together with the other ingredients and blend until fairly smooth. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan and once hot add in the no beef pieces. Cook them according to the packet's instructions until browned around edges. Remove the pieces from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- If the pan is too dry add a little bit more oil. Add in the pepper and greens, cook for 5-7 minutes the return the no beef pieces to the pan together with the smaller leaves of the pak choi, the sauce and the rest of the beans.
- Stir everything together and add 50ml of water. Bring to the boil for 1-2 minutes .
- Serve with cooked noodles or Jasmine rice.